Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Woodstock Country Club...

No. I said no. There are times in every human being's life when they must say no. I stand now and say it to the heavens. I need not shout it, but...

Oh, screw this...Look -- bottom line -- there are few headlines that would frighten me more than this...

...

>Dean: 'We're About to Enter the '60s Again'
>By Randy Hall
>CNSNews.com Staff Writer/Editor
>June 28, 2006

>(CNSNews.com) - America is about to revisit one of the most turbulent decades in its history, Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean told a religious conference in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday. "We're about to enter the '60s again," Dean said, but he was not referring to the Vietnam War or racial tensions...

...

I will not allow this to happen. If I have to build an underground lair beneath a dormant volcano and surround myself with jump-suited troops and a gigantic gelding henchman, I WILL prevent this. The 1960s gave us hippies, and they continue to be a disgraceful embarrassment to the human race. Endlessly self-indulgent. Deliberately ignorant. And just freakishly annoying to anyone except themselves. They are slowly, gloriously dying off around us, and we cannot allow them to regain a threshold on our DNA pile.

It's got nothing to do with politics. OK -- on this occasion, it was the head of the DNC threatening hippie resurrection. But, I don't care if it's Rush Limbaugh or Wilt Chamberlain...You threaten a 60s resurgence, and I'm sending the henchmen.

So, the 1960s must not, cannot, and will not return. The decade only gave us three entities of value...The Civil Rights Bill, The Brit Invasion and...me. Those treasures are safely squared away in our cultural pantry. So, the decade need not return until, say, 2060.

Meanwhile, you hippies can put on your hemp sweaters and your Birky sandals...You can hop in your Priuses...Priux...Priui? Whatever...And, stuff yourself with Ben and Jerry's while the adults slowly and steadily run the world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home